In the beginning phase of planning the redecoration of my living room I found the fabric you see below for the drapes and thought it would tie in well with the wallpaper I was using.
Well...now that the painting is completed and the wallpaper is up I have had a change in direction. This fabric in very pretty and I will eventually use it in another room, perhaps my bedroom, but I decided it just wasn't right for the living room.
I thought I needed something with a bit more of a wow factor, so I set off on a search for a different fabric.
This is the result
My first option was this charming print, but when I got the sample the background was too dark and didn't tie in with the wallpaper.
This one has a gorgeous 'gently worn' look which I like and the color was okay but it didn't offer me the range of colors that I might like to use as accents in the room.
Next there was this Waverly stand-by, nice. but really two dimensional in it's color range.
Then I found this. I ordered a one yard sample and crossed my fingers that it would turn out to be exactly what I wanted.
And it was.
It completely matches the wallpaper in color and the range of pinks and raspberry will allow me to use some of the furniture I already have without the cost of reupholstering.
With the exception of two raspberry checked bergere chairs that I will be using this will be the only print in the room, so I think the boldness of it will work. I can just image a velvet throw pillow across the room on a cream colored chair in that wonderful dark, mossy green.
Whenever I redecorate a room and and along the way make mistakes like this I always wonder what professional decorators do, do they also make these errors and have to rethink a decision. Probably not. Meanwhile I will continue to bumble along.
Have a splendid day!