Friday, October 21, 2016

Best laid plans ~

In the beginning phase of planning the redecoration of my living room I found the fabric you see below for the drapes and  thought it would tie in well with the wallpaper I was using.

Well...now that the painting is completed and the wallpaper is up I have had a change in direction. This fabric in very pretty and I will eventually use it in another room, perhaps my bedroom, but I decided it just wasn't right for the living room.  



I thought I needed something with a bit more of a wow factor, so I set off on a search for a different fabric.

This is the result
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My first option was this charming print, but when I got the sample the background was too dark and didn't tie in with the wallpaper. 

Waverly Sanctuary Rose Linen:

This one has a gorgeous 'gently worn' look which I like and the color was okay but it didn't offer me the range of colors that I might like to use as accents in the room. 

Richloom Queen Tearose:

Next there was this Waverly stand-by, nice. but really two dimensional in it's color range.


Waverly Norfolk Rose Fabric:


Then I found this. I ordered a one yard sample and crossed my fingers that it would turn out to be exactly what I wanted.

Covington Belle Fleur Tea Rose Fabric:

And it was.

 It completely matches the wallpaper in color and the range of pinks and raspberry will allow me to use some of the furniture I already have without the cost of reupholstering.

 With the exception of two raspberry checked bergere chairs that I will be using this will be the only print in the room, so I think the boldness of it will work. I can just image a velvet throw pillow across the room on a cream colored chair in that wonderful dark, mossy green.


Whenever I redecorate a room and and along the way make mistakes like this I always wonder what professional decorators do, do they also make these errors and have to rethink a decision. Probably not. Meanwhile I will continue to bumble along.

Have a splendid day!




9 comments:

  1. I agree with your choice. Liked them all,but this one is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the direction you're going. It's going to be so lovely when you're done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so...it is taking a long time to get done but I like it all so far. Next is the upholstery fabric. Wish me luck!

      Delete
  4. I like the one you finally selected. I think it will give you the colors you are looking for in your living room and with the color of the pillow it will look great.

    I am sure you will find the fabric for your chairs, you have a good eye for decor.

    I see that we are getting cooler weather and a great chance of rain. I can hardly WAIT.

    Enjoy your weekend.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm smiling!!! Maybe we ought to trade the fabrics that didn't work :^)
    Argh......
    One thing I have learned from MANY years of trial and error, is to read the dimensions of the repeats. At least now I don't get a design that is tooooooo small!!! Calico sized patterns just DON'T work in a slightly formal-ish room OR a big paneled room!!!! just ask me how I know that :^(
    Hugs to you....I think things are looking beautiful and if red (or cranberry or raspberry or moss green) is involved, how could anything be wrong??
    Blessings,
    J

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always, I'm catching up again! I love the new fabric you chose and I can't wait to see your room when it's put back together. Wish you lived close enough to come help me redo some of my rooms!
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post and you would like to see more please sign up to be a follower.