I am finally getting back to the guestroom. I started this project several months ago. It's not that I didn't want to get it finished but other more important things seemed to get in the way, such as the holidays, engagement parties, annual pruning, and must needed changes in the garden related to the drought.
So far I have completed painting the room, rehung the doors on their beautiful new brass hinges, installed new ceiling moldings, and had the chandelier hung. But like all home decoration projects there have been difficulties one doesn't anticipate such as what happened today...
I have the drapery fabric, the lining, and a gorgeous trim but before I start making the drapes I have to hang the new drapery rod. You would think this would be a simple, quick affair, unfortunately NO! I discovered that putting up an eight foot drapery rod on your own is not an easy thing to do.
I won't go into the nasty details but somehow I ended up with a rather large hole in the plaster which I made while trying to extract a molly bolt I had not positioned correctly...thank goodness for Spackle.
I was eventually able to get one...yes only one, of the brackets installed, the other will have to wait to tomorrow as I have had enough frustration for one day Now at least I have some idea what I am doing and I expect it to go better tomorrow.
Meanwhile I want to share a close-up of my beautiful new chandelier with you.
This is definitely the star of the room...at least until I get the drapes finished.
DIY projects are not always fun and easy.
Thank you for visiting. Remind me to tell you about the new retaining wall, another project.
PS. It is the next day and both of the brackets and the rod are up. Hooray! Now I can start sewing.