Monday, January 13, 2020

Bringing in winter ~

Everything always looks so bare when all of the holiday decorations have been put away.I like a clean slate for my decorations so I put most of my usual decor items in storage for the season. January offers a chance to bring things out again but also change it up a bit for the rest of the winter months.


In the living room on the library table behind the couch I put my rabbits back but added some books, a flower arrangement and a new little brass candlestick. the open book is One Year in Art. Every day offers a new painting with a quote to go with it, I love this kind of thing, it's fun to turn the page each day and see what wonders it brings. The bouquet is mostly succulents with some flowers added for additional color.


On the little french credenza nothing seems to work but a floral arrangement. For this I used fresh eucalyptus leaves and evergreens from Trader Joe's, these will dry and last for quite a while. I included some other dried material and silk peonies for interest.


It is pretty monotone but I think it has a winter feel.


And finally, in the entry, an arrangement of dried material along with porcelain birds, books, a Moroccan covered container, a pair of brass candlesticks and framed welcome to my house in french graphic I made a few years back. These candlesticks and the one on the library table were Christmas gifts from my brother.


Now I definitely feel winterized!

11 comments:

  1. It all looks so beautiful! You have quite a gift when it comes to arranging flowers! Your decor is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adrienne, it always looks so pretty no matter what you do, but I do love all your flower arrangements. They are always so gorgeous and right in tune with their settings..Happy Tuesday..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks very beautiful. I love it all. It is pretty but also warm and welcoming. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your winter home is wonderful! I enjoy rearranging things, too, after the holidays. It seems to add something special during the winter months.
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such lovely touches. I particularly like the floral finds from Trader Joe's. You displayed them nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your flower arrangements - like you I often buy flowers at Trader Joe's. recently I'm drawn to tulips and baby's breath, a very simple combination but beautiful. Of course they don't keep as long as your beautiful arrangements.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always have such great ideas! I love it all and plan to copy some. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As reported by Stanford Medical, It is indeed the ONLY reason women in this country get to live 10 years longer and weigh an average of 19 kilos less than we do.

    (And realistically, it is not about genetics or some secret exercise and really, EVERYTHING about "how" they eat.)

    P.S, What I said is "HOW", not "WHAT"...

    Tap this link to see if this quick questionnaire can help you discover your real weight loss potential

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post and you would like to see more please sign up to be a follower.