Sunday, December 15, 2013

Kitchen Wreath ~

The little crab apple trees are almost completely devoid of leaves, but there is a lot of fruit for the birds to feast on through the winter months.
 
As for me, this time of year, and any time of year for that matter, I use the branches as a framework to make wreaths.
 

The branches are very pliable and easy to shape. 

 
A simple twisting and weaving and Voila! A Christmas wreath for the hood over the stove in my kitchen ~ 


I added a dried moss garland and some little apples. So simple, just the natural look that I wanted.

 
As I sit here writing this I am listening to a new Christmas Cd with a nice mix of music: The Piano Guys; A Family Christmas. A lovely addition to the festivities.
 
I hope that all of your holiday plans are progressing well ~ this is such a happy time of year.
 
joyeux Noël
 
This post has been linked to: http://www.adelightsomelife.com/
 

11 comments:

  1. Your wreath is very pretty and looks so good over the stove. Thanks so much for sharing on how you made it. Unfortunately, I have no trees in my yard other than the Magnolia Tree in the parkway.
    Have a great week.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, Adrienne. I like the idea of a wreath over the range hood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That wreath is lovely Adrienne.
    I'd love to see more of your kitchen as it looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crabapple tree branches! What genius! Thanks, Linda@Wetcreek Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Adrienne your wreath is lovely and looks so nice over your stove.
    Marry Christmas!!!!
    Blessing
    Isora
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty wreath for your gorgeous kitchen. It looks perfect over the stove. Such a contrast in seasons. Winter has come early and the snow is covering all the leaves that were never raked in our woods. Wishing you a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Adrienne, what a pretty wreath. I think it is so special to be able to go into your garden and pick something to add to the decorations. I have my holly trees for that. Your stove hood is the perfect place to display the wreath and it looks just wonderful in your beautiful kitchen..Happy Monday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely wreath...

    And thank you for this peek into your beautiful kitchen...

    Tessa~

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm visiting from a link I followed at A Delightsome Life. I love the idea of bringing the outdoors in. Your wreath is beautiful! Elizabeth from www.BeautyObserved.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post and you would like to see more please sign up to be a follower.