Saturday, September 6, 2014

Ready, set, go ~


Now that the powder room is finally finished I have started a new project, the guest bedroom that adjoins the powder room. 

As you can tell it has been a very long time since this room was updated...I mean who on earth sponge paints a room anymore or has wall paper borders.  

Here is the room sans draperies, down to the bare minimum a twenty year ode to Laura Ashley.

So...ready...


Set!



Go!

All primed and ready for the new paint. I am in the process of making some decisions as far as drapery fabric and paint color. I had this all decided but unfortunately the fabric I wanted to use has been discontinued. While I am waiting to received new fabric samples I can add the architectural details to the ceiling and change out that ugly light fixture to...


this!


Wish me luck.






11 comments:

  1. Your guest room will be lovely - you have such great tastes that it will be stunning. Hope you get your fabric sample soon so you can get started. Good luck and I am looking forward to your progress.
    Have a nice hot weekend - hope we get some of the rain.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is quite the chandelier! I wonder what the room will look like when it will be finished - I'm sure you will update us! Good luck with all the work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have me quite curious now, Adrienne. I'll be watching closely to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Adrienne,

    There really is no stopping you now, is there?

    There are so many decisions to be made when one redecorated but, what fun you are going to have. The chandelier looks fabulous. Yes, we can see that in place!

    We look forward to seeing how you get on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The room is looking better already with your beautiful chandy! Love it!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura Ashley did have her day! And some of it was in my homes of the past as well. I look forward to seeing this room completed - so far, so great. Love the chandelier!

    Blessings,
    Dianne
    www.sweetjourneyhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have loads of fun with your latest remodeling project!! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adrienne, well if you really want to know the answer to that question, you don't have to look much further than ME! At least as far as the borders go. If I ever get another home, though I don't think I'll use them again! Ever! I can't wait to see what you do. I know it will be gorgeous and too beautiful. Love your chandy. I'm so glad to have some of that sparkle in my room now..Happy Wednesday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I already know it's going to be amazing----so I can hardly wait to see all the beautiful things you are going to do in this room A. I already love what you have in mind for the lighting ! AMAZING!
    hugs from me...

    ReplyDelete
  10. You always do such a nice job with your makeovers so I am sure this will be another one. The new light fixture already sets a nice mood.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to see your 'new' guestroom. Even better - what fun to stay there!
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post and you would like to see more please sign up to be a follower.