Monday, May 18, 2015

Options ~



I have wanted a birdcage stand for a while so when my brother found this one for me I was very pleased. I was sure I knew what I was going to do with it; use it as a plant stand on the back deck.  First it needed a coat of black paint to match the outdoor table and chairs.


I does make a nice fern stand...but then I got another idea, one I think I like even better.


Using it to hold a chalkboard. So I made a new chalkboard to fit it.


Chalkboards are so much fun and I can think of all sorts of messages to put on this one.


Of course the fern looks nice too, so I will probably change them out...which reminds me, somewhere in the barn there is an antique birdcage and I saw this one planted with succulents on Pinterest. What could be more fitting and this is truly lovely.



Who would think there would be so many options for a old birdcage stand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It seems that I haven't posted for a long time. I have been finishing up the drapes, building a little rock retaining wall, and trying to solve computer and telephone problems. Sometimes life seems to get in the way of blogging.

Have a happy day!


7 comments:

  1. Love the bird cage stand - I like it either way. Sounds like you have been busy making your drapes. Hope you got some of the rain we had last week. i am so tired of caring buckets of water that I save outside to water my plants. It take so much wasted water to get the shower hot enough to take a shower, so I have a 5 gallon watering can in the shower and I put the water in there until it gets warm enough and that is about 5 gallons. I have turned off the sprinklers so the grass will dry and then just water my roses only 2 times a week. I am sure I will be loosing a lot of my roses when it get HOT.
    Have a great week and love the stand.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we did get that lovely, lovely rain. I have been doing the same thing with my shower water and you are right...those buckets are heavy to tote around!

      Delete
  2. That does it! I'm taking my birdcage and bird cage stand outside! I love these ideas so much. Your chalkboard looks perfect with your vignette. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE all these uses for the stand! All so very pretty. :)
    xo,
    Lin

    ReplyDelete
  4. great uses for the stand, but my favorite is the chalkboard one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your ideas. The fern one is an inspiration for me. I am very busy too, redecorating and will start a new room makeover soon.Bon courage!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am totally in love with birdcages, and I love your ideas for the stand. The fern is gorgeous, but the flexibility of the sign is too perfect! Great for the garden. Love it!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post and you would like to see more please sign up to be a follower.