Monday, December 17, 2018

Fun and fairies ~

I have had a lot of enjoyment decorating with traditional things this year. To begin, I decided to bring my vintage ornaments out of storage for the tree in the living room, complete with tinsel. I can't remember when I last put tinsel on a tree, I had forgotten how pretty it is.


Then to add a bit of whimsy I tucked in some Mark Roberts Christmas fairies.

I don't have many of these, although they could easily become a bit of an obsession - they are so cute and it is fun to put them into unexpected places as tiny surprises. ( I have been gifting myself one each year for my birthday).


Here on the mantle among the decorations...


taking center stage on a table arrangement...


and presiding among the gifts under the tree.



I think they add a bit of charm and certainly a lot of fun.

~ Wishing you a Merry Christmas ~

So little time and still so much to do!

Adrienne

10 comments:

  1. The fairies are adorable! What a wonderful thing to collect. Your tree is beautiful! Makes me want to change my mind about just doing lights. So cheery! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every year I always think of doing a tree in only lights, is I had a beautiful real tree I would do it. Maybe next year I will indulge myself and buy one.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! Your “Traditional” tree is wonderful!
    A very Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these fairies. I always wanted one but I never got one because of price, but they are so well worth it. You have given me the idea of a birthday gift to myself. After Christmas I think I just may give myself a belated birthday gift of one. So finely made. Very pretty traditional tree.
    Happy Christmas Wishes to you and your family
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you, they are a bit pricey that's why I just get one a year. LOL But they are really, really cute.

      Delete
  4. Adrienne, beauty abounds. I would love to be a fly on the wall in your charming home. Those fairies are so sweet and look right at home in their surroundings. I love tinsel on a tree too. We used to always have it when I was young, but my kids actually hated it so I never used it while they were growing up. My mom always taught me to put one strand at a time on and that's where I went wrong, I guess, as my kids didn't like to do that. A handfull, thrown at the tree, was what they wanted! I guess I just got out of the habit but will take it up again one of these years..Merry Christmas and Happy New Year..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your playful Christmas. The colors are unusual and really cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous tree! Your fairies look like they have been up to mischief! so cute! Merry Christmas! xo Su

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Adrienne! Oh, your tree is so pretty! I love tinsel too and I wouldn't even know where to get it these days - if you can. Your little fairies are adorable. I want to wish you a Merry Christmas.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post and you would like to see more please sign up to be a follower.