Thursday, March 12, 2020

March news ~


~ March news ~

A new bouquet.

The altromerias are starting to bloom in the garden. Each year they are more abundant as they easily re-seed, often in the most unexpected places. Mine are all in shades of pink but I just planted a  yellow one that I hope will take hold and provide me with pale yellow blooms. They make the most beautiful and long lasting bouquets.


A new needlework project

I have started crocheting this afghan for my daughter. The room it will be going in is decorated in shades of gray and white. I really enjoy having a needlework project to pick up at that odd moment - or when watching television. This pattern is so simple that it requires little attention allowing the mind to wander...in a nice way.



New lily bulbs

I wasn't going to plant any more lily bulbs this year but these were on sale and I couldn't resist. I am not sure where they are going but I will manage to tuck them in somewhere. They are the tall variety which I prefer and the colors are so pretty.


A new little friend

I have developed a bit of an addiction for gnomes. I have a special enclosed, and somewhat secluded area in the garden for them them - a secret gnome village. I put them out in the spring along with my umbrellas and store them away in the fall. I have been trying to think of a name for this village and my sister suggested
Adrienne's Folly and right she is, it is a folly...but they are so cute! And this little guy holding a butterfly was absolutely irresistible.



A new return to the past

I have recently realized how much I miss having a few hens clucking and scratching about, it is almost a dozen years since this chicken coop in the far, far back of the garden has been occupied. Although it is basically still in okay shape it needs a some repairs and I want to add a roof to keep it dry in rainy weather. I hope to have it ready for this springs crop of new chicks.




And that is the new news for March!

I hope your spring is full of fun new ideas and projects.

Take care and stay well.

Adrienne

5 comments:

  1. Love those pretty tulips and that’s a beautiful afghan pattern.
    Your gnome is charming...I have a friend who cole to them.
    Best wishes for a wonderful weekend. 💐

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adrienne, the afghan is beautiful, and your daughter will love it. Alstromerias are fast becoming my most favorite flowers to use in a bouquet. I have a pretty green bush that goes all year round that I pick and use as a filler and then add the pretty alstromerias. They are so long lasting and the colors are so pretty all mixed together..My neighbor has gnomes all over their yard. I love your little secret garden that contains them as they can become naughty little creatures..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, they can get into mischief. LOL

    Take care and stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the little peeks of things in your home and life. That gnome is absolutely sweet! Makes me smile. Thanks for sharing some of your March with us. Ours is fine but different than planned, as with all of us.
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post and you would like to see more please sign up to be a follower.