Monday, March 21, 2011

Plaisirs Simples ~ Travel Trinkets

I had a great time on my trip to Carmel last week. I drive up several times a year to visit my sister and so I have certain places I stop at along the way, and favorite stores that I look forward to visiting while I am there. I thought it would be fun to gather together all of my 'travel trinkets' from this trip and share them with you. The first is this little ant made out of pebbles that I got at a marvelous plant nursery and display garden in Carpenteria, Seaside Country Gardens, I think that I will put him outside next to a pot on the shelf under my kitchen window. They have a nice selection of succulents here so I also picked up one of those, just to tuck in somewhere. Don't you think he is cute!



In Carmel I always try to go to Casa di Campagna because amongst other things they have the cutest little birds...so much fun to add a touch of whimsy to a bouquet or arrangement. How about these two perky little fellows...



Brinton's is a fantastic home store in Carmel, they seem to sell everything and anything for the home...you can always find it at Brinton's. I copied the idea from my sister of using this Plexiglas container for a dish soap in the kitchen.

At Sur La Tab I found this cute wire basket and fell in love with it. The Santa Barbara daisies are from Griggs Nursery in the Carmel Valley. They aren't hard to find, but at Griggs I was able to get them in six packs. They are great 'filler' plants and I never  seem to have enough of them. A few other plants seemed to find themselves in my shopping cart too, including some beautiful dahlia tubers. Griggs also sells plants from Annie's Annuals, unusual plants that are difficult to find in Southern California.


Along with the wire basket I got this little cloche at Sur La Table, inside is another little bird from Casa di Campagna.


And...drum roll please! This wonderful buy, a Martha Stewart turkey platter on sale at Macy's for $5.00. It will be very handy to have come Thanksgiving.



I hope you enjoyed this shopping trip with me. Do you bring home trinkets from your trips?




This post has been linked to: http://alittleofthisandthat2.blogspot.com/

23 comments:

  1. All your trinkets are fantastic! My favorite is your pebbled wire ant - too cute for words! Thanks for sharing...
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure found a lot of wonderful things. I love that basket.

    Hope your week is off to a good start.

    ~Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little pebble ant is so cute. I have not been to a nursery in Carpenteria,I will have to remember that. I like the little vignette you made to show us all your goodies, very Springy!! Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds!! Love the bug, it is so cute. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful goodies. I love your vignettes...especially your sweet little birds. That turkey platter is such a steal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many little treasures! I love the basket, the cloche, the platter and the birds the most. Congratulations on your great findings!
    have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finds!! Love the ant!I do have my favorite places to shop during my travels!

    Lou Cinda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like somebody had a lot of fun, shopping & visiting! All of your treasures are beautiful and the wee ant ... ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the little bug and that wire basket, your vignettes look lovely.
    Any chance of some images from Carmel? I have never been but have a friend who visits her aunt every year and mentions how beautiful it is.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What lovely finds. I especially like the cloche and the little birdies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Carmel. My parents were married there, so it has always held a special meaning for me. In fact, I was looking at pictures of the Tuck Box online last weekend.Take care.

    Ann-Marie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree! The little ant is so darn cute :0) I think I want to make one now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love everything! the birds are so cute and the turkey platter is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such beautiful little trinkets. I had to laugh about the ants because I have three of them, they're sitting under my rose.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cara Adrienne ,i tuoi uccellini sono uguali ai miei. Sono proprio carini,anche la piccola formica.Un bacio Ornella

    ReplyDelete
  16. You found some beautiful things! I love the wire basket with the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You certainly bought lovely things! I just love the little birds, and the ant is awfully cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Wow!! Great Finds!! enjoy your new lovely treasures!! ~Wishing you a wonderful week Love Heather

    ReplyDelete
  19. these trinkets are cute. Love the birds the best....although the ant is something I would like to make and it would go great in the garden

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've seen those little iron ants in SJC and Laguna Beach and they're quite captivating! Love that wire basket too. I'm following your blog; I like your style!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your travel trinkets are beautiful.
    I was addicted to gathering things whenever we travelled ..... But I soon filled my house up.
    NOW I indulge my love of things found 'browsing whilst travelling' by buying birthday and Christmas gifts.I still get the thrill of the find, and someone else has to find a home for it.Everybody is a winner.
    God Bless
    Barb from Australia

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post and you would like to see more please sign up to be a follower.