Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Fall Kitchen ~



Miss Twiggley decided that it was time for us to do a little kitchen decorating for the fall holidays. So, down in the basement I went and brought up some things to add an autumnal flair.


 
A few pumpkins, grapes, some foliage, and a little witch are perfect in the china cabinet. After Halloween I will replace the witch with a very cute turkey.



My daughter gave me this gorgeous china pumpkin a few years ago. 




Since I spend a lot of time at the sink I wanted something pretty to look at.
 





 
 Across the room, on the shelf in the eating area I gathered together: pumpkins on the vine, a few sparkles. more squash, and of course some lace. I wanted it to look very abundant.


 
I like it and I think that Miss Twiggley does too (she has promised to be a good girl and not knock it all down!)
 
 
 
Now we're all set in the kitchen for Halloween and Thanksgiving. How about you? 
 
 

17 comments:

  1. Love your fall kitchen. It's definitely something that can work through Thanksgiving. I'm impressed if Miss Twiggley leaves all those pretty temptations alone. She's so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty! I hope your kitty is better than mine, they love to get into mischief :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh how you do tempt your feline friend--I mean look at that arrangement, just made for hoping around and through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh that Miss Twiggly is adorable!
    Your autumnal accents are putting me in the mood to add some frills to our decor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such gorgeous pumpkins! I want to do my fall kitchen too, after this terrific display you've made! Thanks for sharing. Hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your header and such a beautiful fall decoration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Fall decor is wonderful and Miss Twiggley is soooo cute. I need to put out more Fall decor. Thank you for sharing. Visiting from Ivy and Elephants. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/10/make-it-pretty-monday-week-18.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful decorations and Miss Twiggley is precious.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Miss Twiggley fits it beautifully with the fall decorations. She really is something else!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adrienne, everything looks so luxurious, understated and perfect~ except Little Miss Twiggley. She steals the show, the flamboyant minx!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Miss Twiggley looks like part of the decorations -- she has sweet autumn colors! Love your kitchen -- I hadn't thought about decorating at the sink, but you're right, we do spend a lot of time there and need to look at a some pretty fall decor!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Octobre est le mois des décors fabuleux ...
    Citrouilles et potirons dansent une farandole magique.
    Marie-Ange

    ReplyDelete
  13. Soo pretty- I totally want that Miss Twiggly to come home with me!
    Happy PS
    Sparkly Hugs,
    Tobi and the Pixies!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simply gorgeous! I am the featured blog this week, hope you can drop by.

    Pumpkin Fun
    Have an enjoyable pumpkin-licious weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How pretty...and yes, abundant!
    I finally got things together last week, just in time for our Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, it looks so beautiful and festive. My daughter excitedly has our house decorated for Halloween :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your kitchen decorations are beautiful, Adrienne, and Miss Twiggley is looking beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post and you would like to see more please sign up to be a follower.