Friday, November 28, 2014

Christmas decorating, now what shall I do ~

 It is officially the Christmas season and I have brought up all of the decorations from the basement but before I decide what to do this year I wanted to sit down with a nice cup of tea and look through some of my books, magazines, and Pinterest pins to see what will inspire me.




There is so much to choose from, Santas are always cute and add a touch of wimsey.


 Then which color ornaments should I use? They are all  pretty, but I am really favoring the clear glass ones this year. What about candied fruit and sugar plums, pine cones and snow flakes...wired ribbon, a favorite and so versatile.


Little birds are fun and a woodland themed tree is one of my favorites. (Miss Twiggley would love these too I think).


And there is always snowmen. Maybe they would be perfect for the mantle.


 Do I want glitter and glitz or should I be more restrained; beautiful greenery is classic and lovely. 

It's almost impossible to decide but it is such a fun dilemma.

Enjoy the season!


9 comments:

  1. Since we got our youngest cat we have been unable to really get into the decorating mode like we used to...he thinks everything is a cat toy!
    Last year he climbed the tree and took several of the baubles and batted them around until then broke. I am not too sure what we can use this coming season....so perhaps I will enjoy seeing how you decorate your home and live vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I now wished I was starting today after seeing your post, but I will be doing mine next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same dilemma when I get out my Christmas decorations. Somehow it all comes together. Fun time to decorate our homes!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks so pretty! Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have more decorations for Christmas than any one household would ever need. I don't pull them all out, but like you, I prefer to change the theme according to what inspires me. My all time favourites tend to be woodland themed ornaments such as pinecones, snowflakes and acorns. Recently, I pinned a really girly Christmas scheme centred around pink. It is so fun and unexpected that I am really tempted to try it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see your home all decked out for Christmas. I'm starting tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the little birds. I am not in Christmas decorating mood at all - perhaps because I have made so many ornaments and am getting a bit tired of it. Personally, I really favorite snowmen. They are so cute - especially since we don't have snow here, and they remind me of my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love your photos dear Adrienne! I know whatever you choose to do, it will be wonderful! Isn't that the coolest thing about this time of year...deciding the theme of our decorating? I think it makes the season so exciting! You have inspired me to sit with a few of my favorite issues and mull it over a bit.
    Have a wonderful day sweetie.
    sending hugs....

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post and you would like to see more please sign up to be a follower.