Monday, November 17, 2014

Saving beauty ~

Last summer I did a post on Gompherna Fire Works, a new plant for my garden and one that was very successful. It bloomed consistently throughout the season, required little water and was great for cutting.



As I am always looking for new flowers to dry to make bouquets for the winter months and since I know that other Globe Amaranths dry well I thought I would see if this variety would too.

 I waited until they were ready to be cut back and harvested the blooms.

So pretty!




I had enough for several  bouquets.



And here they are...several weeks later. They dried perfectly keeping all of their brilliant color and form; I am delighted. After the holidays when I put all of the Christmas decorations away and the house seems a bit drab I will bring out the flowers I have dried over the summer, including these, and combine them to make bouquets to brighten up the winter months.


Flowers really make me happy!

Wishing you some 'happy' too.


4 comments:

  1. These flowers are stunning, and how lovely that they dry so well. Your bouquets will look gorgeous with these among them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never planted these, but I will this Spring. They are so pretty and look so good dry.
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous blooms. Even dried they are just such a pretty color. Miss Twiggley doesn't nibble them? Good girl. Our two cats are terrible and want to munch on all my indoor plants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Adrienne! It's always a pleasure for you to pop in to see me! Oh, what lovely little flowers and I don't think I've ever heard of these before. They remind me of a Bachelor's Button and they did dry just perfectly! Hope you're doing well and I wish you and your family a happy Thanksgiving!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia;)

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post and you would like to see more please sign up to be a follower.