Monday, April 25, 2011

Oh My!

                 Oh my goodness...what has happened to the garden! It looks like total destruction...



Has a hurricane blown through? No, we don't have hurricanes in California...


Maybe a tornado...but I don't think they happen much here either.


It almost looks like a huge giant thrashed through looking for something...anyone seen Jack? I had a feeling nothing good would come from those beans.



Oh my...what could it possibly be to cause all of this...


Aha! Why it is only the annual tree pruning at Rose Arbors. What a relief.

This is how the garden looked last week after the tree pruning and before all the trimmings were cleaned up, shredded, and dispersed. I am happy to tell you that and things are now back to normal.


And this is the little machine that helped take care of all the mess. (Thank you Tom, you did your usual artistic and excellent job...see you and your little friend again next year).




This post has been linked to: http://www.anoregoncottage.com/,

19 comments:

  1. Hee! hee! What a cute post! The garden still looks beautiful, even with tree trimmings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I'm glad it wasn't high winds. Those pictures are unsettling. Glad all is well in your beautiful yard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I didn't know what to think at first. You have such a lovely garden. Happy to hear everything is ok and your garden is still beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute...you had me guessing too!
    I love trimming trees and bushes but hate cleaning it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh, the tree pruning! Yes indeed. I remember when I lived in So. Cal. everything grew like crazy~! Your garden is so lovely Adrienne! I always enjoy my time at your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny girl. Always nice to get the trees pruned.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh looks like Giants stormed through there indeed! we are doing much the same here a lot of weed whacking :) ~Have a wonderful day Love Heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hee hee, I was just waiting for the manicured punch line, and you delivered!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That reminds me I need to do some of that myself this year. I can hardly get the lawn mower under some of ours

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mi hai fatto prendere uno spavento!! Per fortuna nessuna calamità naturale. Tutto Ok? :)
    Baci<3

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad it was a good thing and not destruction!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this post, Adrienne. We did some tree trimming on the creek last week.

    I love seeing your gardens, even with trimmed branches!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Send Tom over to Idaho ~ I need him now!!!

    Love,
    Susan and Bentley
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad it wasn't destruction just taking care of business. Love gardening.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad it wasn't a tornado or a hurricane!
    Just a man with a machine:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Things must get worse before they get better, as you know from my messy renovation photos! But oh the glory of a nice trimmed garden or lovely organized drawer and doors and closets!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I kind of had a feeling that's what you were up to! Glad you have someone to help you in that process...
    Can't wait to see the finished product! My landscaping is all finished now...It looks so much better!
    Happy Tuesday afternoon,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Whoa... that's come trimming job!!

    Please come back to WEEKWORD!!! the word is BOOK... see my blog post for Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Boy could I use one of those handy little machines here on the farm. We never seem to get all the pruning, trimming and disposal done, because we do everything the old fashioned way - by hand.

    Blessings,
    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post and you would like to see more please sign up to be a follower.