Sunday, November 7, 2010

Duel Duty Holiday Cabinet - Thanksgiving

You might remember the duel duty holiday cabinet I did in my kitchen for Halloween. I put it together with the idea that with some minor changes it could be adapted for Thanksgiving. Well, Voila! Here it is...






 I added some additional color with tissue paper in the background; turned the Jack-o-lantern around to make a pumpkin and moved out the black crows...




Then, a decorative plate, wishing you of course, a "Happy Thanksgiving".





And best of all this turkey. He is new this year, I found him at Marshall's for only $6.99. and I think he is adorable - I especially love his dangling feet ~ Too cute.








All so easy and fast; I am rather pleased with myself I must admit. I hope that you like it too.

This post was linked to: http://www.theshabbychiccottage.net/ , http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/ and http://romantichome.blogspot.com/


19 comments:

  1. So pretty!! I love your new turkey! He's adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this time of the year. I love the colors and the cool crisp air. But I also can't wait for Christmas and the warmer spring. I guess I love change. Your cabinet looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. Turkey is so cute with his dangling legs! Love all the fall colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. just think - without having people step into your house, you can OPEN your house to so many bloggers and share your decorating talents with people from all corners of our world...
    enjoying your posts so very much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your turkey is delightful! Happy November!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your turkey and the decor you put together! This REALLY puts me in the holiday mood:) You have amazing talent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are sooo festive, way to go. I like the way you think ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just stopping by from Met Monday. Love the display! At least with fall, we can leave our decor items out much longer than with Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful! It looks so festive!

    I'd love to have you and your Holiday cabinet join my meme Seasonal Sundays. The link is open until late Monday night. Hope to see you!

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for being a part of Seasonal Sundays. Hope to see you next week!

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice, very nice!! I like the idea of adding tissue paper...never would have thought of that but it looks so good.
    Great job.:o)
    Fondly,
    Ann
    @
    The Tattered Tassel

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute. I can't wait to see what you do for the winter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I could hug that turkey, how sweet! Your hutch looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks beautiful...you're so clever. I love that cute turkey!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Adrienne,
    With some subtle changes.. a whole new look! I like how you were able to turn the jack o lantern around! I agree..that is one cute gobbler!!Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh everything looks wonderful, it really screams bring on the Holidays!!! I'm with you, that long legged turkey is about the cutest darn gobbler I've ever seen!!! Debbie @ Cottage Hann~Me~Downs

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice tweak of the decorations. I like that you didn't have to totally change out everything, yet you got another holiday look. Fabulous!

    Blessings,
    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post and you would like to see more please sign up to be a follower.