Wednesday, July 16, 2014

A very nice day ~

It was a very nice day... 

my rose cuttings have formed new leaves which I believe indicates root growth. The cloches seem to be working.
Hooray!


I had a very successful trip to the library and brought home lots of great books to read.


I finally, finally, finally, figured out the crochet pattern for some lace I am making; crochet patterns can be notoriously tricky.



I made a batch of my favorite chocolate chip cookies. The cookies are yummy and I love this photo, I think this is the best picture I have ever taken.


 In the evening, a concert at the Hollywood Bowl!
Magical

All in all a very nice day.
I think I am very fortunate.

 I hope you had a nice day too.

9 comments:

  1. Bonjour chère amie,

    Une journée foisonnante de belles aventures...
    La nature en fête, de la créativité, de la gourmandise et un beau concert... quoi demandez de plus !
    J'adhère...

    ☼ Je vous souhaite un bel été ☼
    Gros bisous ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting that your rose cuttings have sprouted leaves! Those cloches really must be the trick....as I have tried this before and have not been successful.
    Your day sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am so excited that your rose cuttings took. I will have to give it a try. Sounds like you had a wonderful day with the concert and finding your pattern. Life is good.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely day. I am happy your rose cuttings are doing well. Looks like some good summer reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job with the rose cuttings. Your crochet is so pretty. I don't have the patience or intelligence LOL to crochet. Those cookies are talking to me. Fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of your doings are beautiful....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of wonderful things to be thankful for. Gorgeous pictures!! Have an equally blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You had a wonderful day! I love days like those! The cookie picture is cookbook quality, and the crochet lace is gorgeous, too. I've always read about using cloches in the garden, but had never actually seen its results.
    Oliver says "Meow (Hi)" to Miss Twigley!

    PS: Maeve Binchy is one of my favorite authors!

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post and you would like to see more please sign up to be a follower.