Wednesday, December 17, 2014

A rainy holiday morning in the kitchen ~

Last night Santa came early and brought us rain. No gift could be more welcome.


It was still raining when I went into the kitchen this morning and turned on all of the little lights and Christmas music, the rain outside made the room seem extra cozy and festive.


A little peek out of the window shows a lovely soft rain; everything seems to turn green instantly.

Although we needs lots and lots of rain to end our serious drought every bit helps and this is certainly going to do wonders for the lettuce and strawberries I just planted.


I decorated this little tree with some of the snowball ornaments I made last week. and then added a twig garland, snowflakes and sugar plums. It is fairly simple, but that's what I was aiming for this year.



Of all the rooms in the house I find the kitchen the most fun and the easiest to decorate for the holidays, and since it is a room I spend a lot of time in it just adds to my enjoyment.


And,

I finally got something up on my chalkboard, I find printing on chalkboards quite challenging but I am pleased with the way it turned out this time. 


I hope you are having a wonderful day!

Joyeux Noël

6 comments:

  1. Bonjour chère amie,

    J'aime l'esprit de Noël qui règne dans votre maison... Merci pour le partage de vos merveilleuses photos.
    Je vous souhaite de très joyeuses fêtes à vous et à tous ceux que vous aimez...
    Avec plein de gros bisous ❄︎ ♡ ❄︎ ☃ ❄︎ ♡ ❄︎

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas. I am happy you are getting some much needed rain. Here in North Central Florida, we get quite a bit.
    Your kitchen is luvly!!
    Hugs, Gee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your home looks so lovely for the holidays. I agree I love the kitchen this time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy you got rain! Rain makes everything so clean and fresh. I love your chalkboard and your writing is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas to you, my friend. Your kitchen is so cozy and inviting - even in the rain. Your chalkboard is wonderful. I love what you wrote on it - just perfect!
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a Christmas miracle getting your much needed rain!! Your kitchen is just beautiful. So inviting and cozy. You have the best decorating style.

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post and you would like to see more please sign up to be a follower.