Saturday, October 7, 2017

Simple pleasures - ghosts!

I really enjoy Halloween, probably because you can decorate for the holiday doing such goofy and silly things and somehow it all works. A perfect example of this are these ghosts.

I don't like grim and scary but I do like cute. And so all of my little ghost visitors are very, very cute...and not frightening at all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Here is the original little ghost on the kitchen blackboard, I enjoyed him so much last year that this year I decided to add more ghosts throughout the house - in some unexpected places.

 
So I tucked another in the dining room mirror...


and two in the living room. One above the mantle...


and another above the credenza.


It is amazing how such a simple thing can bring me so much pleasure. Four little ghosts made out of white poster paper, total cost: $1.50. Time spent, about 20 minutes. I don't remember where I got the pattern, I think it was in a Martha Stewart magazine years ago. But it certainly wouldn't take much artistic talent to come up with one of your own.

Sometimes I can be very easy to please and as Martha always says, "That can be a good thing".

I hope you have some fun little visitors in your house this Halloween..


9 comments:

  1. Too cute, Adrienne. Sometimes all it takes is just a little something. Your arrangements are beautiful too..Happy Weekend..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always loved that Martha "saying"...and that is a "good thing".
    Your ghosts are just darling. I love the fun atmosphere they add to your home.
    Hope you have a wonderful rest of the weekend. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy that you like them. For something so easy they really are fun.

      Delete
  3. I love your ghosts, they are so cute. I will have to see if I can find a pattern. I am sure they have them at Michaels, as they carry a lot of Martha's things.

    Hope it cools off next week. I was so enjoying my quilt on the bed and cooler nights, I sleep so much better.

    Have a great rest of the weekend.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary.

      Today was warm but tomorrow is supposed to be cooler, at least it is nice and cool at night. Like you, I sleep much better in the winter months.

      Delete
  4. So cute All Your ghosts around Your Home I love Your decoration On Your table look beautiful
    I'm glad the weather is nice in CA we been have a lot of rain ,
    Have blessing weekend
    XOX
    Isora

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post made me smile! And you're right. Cute is better! They have an aesthetic I could live with too! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your ghosts! Such a cute idea to place them on your mirrors. Will be pinning them for next year.

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post and you would like to see more please sign up to be a follower.