Thursday, December 21, 2017

A Christmas Elf ~


This year I once again got to play the Christmas elf. While my daughter was at work I went over and decorated her living room for the holiday.

 A Christmas surprise!

Well, it really wasn't a big surprise because we had discussed it before hand. But she certainly was pleased when she came home that evening to find her tree up, and her mantle and dining room decorated.


She had decided on a woodland themed tree this year. She had lots of ornaments already...birds, birdhouses, mushrooms, butterflies and  some wonderful feathers. I added boxwood, eucalyptus branches, a few silk flowers and a couple of my crunchy garlands.


I really like the tree, but my favorite thing in the room is the mantle.


This mantle is a bit tricky to decorate because it isn't very deep. I went simple with this adorable owl. He is far to cute.


Then a repeat of the tree decorations with boxwood, eucalyptus, more feathers, flowers and a scattering of ornaments..  I love it...and so did she!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This will be my last post until after Christmas as the time is getting close and there is still far too much to do. I want to wish you all a blessed, happy, and joyful holiday.

 ~ Merry Christmas ~

7 comments:

  1. Adrienne, it all looks just beautiful I'm sure your daughter was so happy and what a nice gesture for you to do. I wish I was closer to my daughter (in miles). I would love to do the same for her. Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet treat for your daughter. Have a wonderful and merry Christmas, my friend.
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas Adrienne!
    Your daughters' mantle and tree look fabulous...so tastefully done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a wonderful job of decorating for her. I'm loving her woodland theme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh what an amazing gift.....guessing you take it down also? haha...that was really nice of you. Bet it was beautiful for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, beautiful. I am sure your daughter loved her tree and mantle.

    Wishing you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joyeux Noel Adrienne! The tree and mantle are beautiful. I wish you and your family all the best for Christmas and the New Year.

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post and you would like to see more please sign up to be a follower.