Friday, August 2, 2013

Earthly delights ~

There are certain fruits and vegetable that appeal to me as much for their appearance as for their  taste and nutritional value, among these are eggplants, or aubergines as they are called in France, and figs.
 
 
 
Their is something so luscious and sensual about a fig. 

 
You only have to cut one open and taste the honeyed flesh to conjure up a wealth of imagined delights.

 
As for myself...these figs from a tree in the back garden will be used along with white wine and balsamic vinegar to form a sauce for braised pork chops ~ yum!
 
What is in your garden of earthly delights?

9 comments:

  1. Those figs look absolutely luscious! Your gorgeous photos make them even more so. We had a fig tree growing up, and my mom made the most delicious preserves. Your pork chops sound divine!
    Have a great weekend!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are a beautiful fruit. My grandmother used to make preserves that were so good on hot biscuits, with just a bit of butter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in love with figs and plums. I wait all year for their season
    and that is right now!
    Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pictures are wonderful and the figs look so good. Yum with pork chops - sounds really good.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a salad last week that was enhanced by the addition of dried figs - soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH YUM!!!!! You have made my mouth water with this post Adrienne! I love figs fresh and dried!
    Have a wonderful week!
    hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  7. You take the best pictures. Your figs are absolutely beautiful. Have a lovely week playing in your beautiful gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love eggplant as well, and I'm the only one in my family. Sigh. For the longest time I didn't really like figs. Then a friend of mine made a wonderful fig spread and put it on camembert, it was so delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning Adrienne! Your date sauce sounds wonderful! Your photos are beautiful too. The golden cast of them reminds me of fall. I also agree about eggplant. Beautiful. But I also love an eggplant parmesan casserole or sandwich. Yum! One of my favorite things to have in summer!

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post and you would like to see more please sign up to be a follower.