Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Holiday decorating ~

First I needed to spend some time mulling over what to do this year...



Then face the daunting task of going down into the basement and bringing up all of the storage bins.


This is a California basement, not really very big, but a great storage place for out of season holiday decorations. The trouble is they have to be hauled up!


Finally, opening everything up and organizing how I will begin.


I like to mix it up and do some new things every year but there are some old standbys such a Santa theme in the kitchen that I will repeat, for me the holiday wouldn't be as enjoyable with out some of these old friends. 


 I have decided to use burgundy as my inspiration color in the formal rooms and have taken out of long term storage all of the antique glass ornaments for the living room tree. I want a traditional old fashion Victorian Christmas tree with lots of tinsel. 

Now I just need to put on some Christmas music and get busy.


5 comments:

  1. Lovely things to begin with! Looking forward to seeing your Victorian Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an unseasonanl comment,but I want to let you know that I have planted an arbor featuring two pinkie climbing roses. I enjoy your blog and have been inspired by your garden. I'm eager to see your holiday decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! I have the carols going right now! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I too have a cute and small cellar where I store my Xmas haul. Can't wait to see it all decked. I am listening to Charols too.
    Fabby

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see it Adrienne. I'm doing Victorian in the parlor this year too, but am not happy with my tree yet, maybe some tinsel too. There are so many boxes of stuff, it is just overwhelming sometimes. Will I ever learn?..Happy Wednesday..Judy

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post and you would like to see more please sign up to be a follower.